Step 4. We’ll verify the completed work.
A Retrofit America home energy auditor will verify that the work has been completed.
This verification will include the following post-installation tests and inspections:
- Confirmation that all contracted measures have been installed.
- Blower door test after installation of significant cavity insulation of the building shell area, air sealing measures, ductwork or replacement of a vented combustion appliance.
- Minimum house ventilation requirement calculation following changes to the building shell that require a blower door test, to ensure that the home is receiving adequate outside air.
- Combustion appliance tests on all combustion equipment, including vented heating systems, water heaters and ovens.
- Inspection and testing of orphaned water heaters.
- Commissioning report on installations of a new central air conditioner, heat pump or furnace.